Dr Stephanie Barrett
Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist
- President of the Royal Society of Medicine, Rheumatology Division, 2017-18
- Member of Council and Trustee at the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of Council, Rheumatology Section of the Royal Society of Medicine
Gout, osteoporosis, unexplained musculoskeletal pain autoimmune diseases, Raynaud’s disease, scleroderma, Rheumatoid arthritis, hypermobility/EDS, injection therapies, pain therapies, Joint injections, Soft tissue injections, Peripheral magnetic stimulation for musculoskeletal pain and Injection therapies for osteoporosis.
About Dr Stephanie Barrett
Dr Kaye Barrett is a highly trained and widely experienced consultant rheumatologist and general physician.
She held the lead consultant rheumatology post at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital for 8 years and was a senior lecturer in rheumatology at Imperial College. During that time she led a medical and rheumatology team of over 12 doctors and 3 specialist nurses. She set up a specialist osteoporosis clinic and an early/complex inflammatory arthritis clinic for patients starting biological therapies. Her research and MD thesis were on the small intestine in systemic sclerosis, characterising the early vasculopathy leading to fibrosis and malabsorption. In addition, she has written papers on osteoporosis and novel treatment for gout.
She was awarded a Junior Clinical Fellowship from Arthritis Research UK (Versus Arthritis, and carried out research leading to an MD thesis at the Royal Free Hospital.
Her undergraduate medical education was at Liverpool University, where she was awarded the Final Year Clinical Medical Prize, the Roaf travelling scholarship (for paediatric studies in Nairobi and Mombasa) and the Graham White Scholarship for primary care work in the West Indies.
Dr Kaye-Barrett is now the Medical Director of Chelsea Rheumatology Clinic. A further clinic has been set up at 116 Harley Street (The London Clinic), working with like minded rheumatology colleagues.
She is currently providing medical education at the Royal Society of Medicine, with live interviews and webinars, on the subject of Covid and the Cytokine Storm amongst other autoimmune and auto inflammatory topics related to Covid-19. These live webinars have been broadcast to 22 countries across the world.
She was President of the Rheumatology section of the Royal Society of Medicine in 2017-18 and now is a trustee and member of council.
Her work on an international level, on rheumatology education, continues with fellow consultants from the Royal College of Physicians. She was part of the RSM/RCP global educational project with Lahore in 2018-19.
Dr Stephanie Barrett has been included in all the published Tatler’s 250 top doctors guides.
Dr Stephanie Barrett is a professional rheumatologist based in London
As a Consultant physician and rheumatologist Dr Stephanie Barrett is well positioned in the industry to ensure each of her clients gets the finest treatment.
If you require help and treatment for a rheumatological condition then Dr Stephanie Barrett may be the person you’re referred to and you can be assured her clinics provide direct and therapeutic support to help treat and manage your condition.
Professional Treatment from your Rheumatologist in London
Through liaising with other professionals and focusing on the specific condition you have, and its location, Dr Barrett may refer you to another therapist or recommend further treatment from another professional. This is due to patients responding differently to treatments and some being more effective than others dependent on the individual case.
- MBChB, Liverpool University School of Medicine
- MRCP (London)
- MD thesis, Liverpool University School of Medicine
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London
- Graham White Scholarship
- Roaf Travelling Scholarship
- Final Year Clinical Medicine Prize
- ARC Junior Clinical Fellowship
- British Society for Rheumatology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (London)
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association (Previously elected to BMA private practice committee)
- Medical Protection Society
- Chelsea Clinical Society
- Independent Doctors Federation (Previously elected member of Council) www.idf.uk.net
- Consultant Rheumatologist and General Physician
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Trust 1996 – 2004
- Honorary Senior Lecturer Imperial College School of Medicine 1997 – 2004
- Royal Free Hospital, Scleroderma Unit: Junior
Clinical Research Fellow (Arthritis and Rheumatism Council Grant) and Senior Registrar in Rheumatology, 1990 – 1993
- Charing Cross/Hammersmith Hospitals Trust
- St Mary’s Hospital, West Middlesex Hospital
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital 1993 – 1996
Senior Registrar/Research Training
- Lister Hospital and Chelsea Consulting Rooms 2004 – present
Senior Registrar/Research Training